Tuesday, August 24, 2010

1. My First Blog Attempt

Hello from the Dominican Republic!

I am going to make this short for now but I am attempting to figure out how to actually get this up & running.

I made it here safe & sound. It was a long trip but over all it went pretty smoothly!

I am living in a community about 20 minutes from Santo Domingo. I will be here for three weeks and I am living with a host family. My host family is wonderful! They have two boys (13 & 11) so I pretty much feel at home...they are great! My host mother is the sweetest lady and she is soooo patient with me and my host father basically just feeds me as much food as possible and thinks it is hilarious!

I have training everyday and we are having loads & loads of information thrown at us. My Spanish is pretty much awful, I just hope I will be able to communicate somewhat by the time I am finished with training. It has definitely been comical though and I am keeping my host family laughing so thats a plus!

That's all for now. I will write again once I confirm I am doing this properly!
Miss you all!!!



16 comments:

  1. I am obsessed! Keep the latest and greatest coming! With just a few more weeks you will be a native :-) Miss you and thinking about you lots xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Love You and miss you. Keep the Loca lifestyle to a minimum. I have had enough.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great now i can read something of quality while at wor...i mean on my lunch breaks :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the update Libs!! Glad they're making you feel so at home over there! Can't wait to hear more about it! Miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Miss you and thinking about you!! Hope you are enjoying the DR so far! Keep us posted on your activities...cant wait to hear more!!! ~g

    ReplyDelete
  6. ahhh host families. gotta love it. i hope you are having a great time. can't wait to hear more!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these updates! Can't wait to hear more. I miss you & am thinking about you. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lib, It's great to hear form you! It sounds like you and your host family have lots of fun. Too bad we can't be a fly on the wall, we all would enjoy a good laugh! We're thinking of you daily.....Love M.A.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lose the tie die...very hard to read. Hope all is well. Call me sometime. Pbp

    ReplyDelete
  10. So good to hear you made it there safely. I can't wait to hear more about your adventures!! Miss you Libby!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I MIISSSS YOU!! More updates please! Hope you are having fun. Love you - Colby

    ReplyDelete
  12. We need another update seester!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hola, Libby!

    What about EARL - did you survive the hurricane? Have been wondering if you are safe and sound - just like a Mom would!

    Hasta la Vista, Baby!
    Adios!
    Mucho Gracias!

    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Libby from SC! It is so great to hear about your adventure! We think about you often and love your blog, we will be checking it daily! Some great books...Little Bee, A Reliable Wife and Cutting for Stone are all fantastic! Stay safe and take care of yourself...much love Tom and Diane

    ReplyDelete
  15. Libs! Love the blog, just got caught up on your adventures. It's crazy thats your home for the next two years. I'm very jealous other than your hot milk cereal. Your mom told me you were sick, I'm happy to hear you got over that with out the three hour rocky trip to the doctor. I hope to visit when you get all settled and maybe grab a 30 pack and hit the kayak again. I also heard about your cash register incident which I loved every second of. Anyway Libs that all sounds amazing and I miss you very much. Good luck and hope the best for ya! Keep the updates coming

    ReplyDelete